October is half over, meaning Halloween is coming quickly (who’s excited?? I am!!). This means lots and lots of candy, whether you’re trick-or-treating, handing out candy, or just partying. So I’m going to devote this post to my favorite “mainstream” vegan candies (meaning hard-to-find and more expensive things such as Go Max Go bars or Endangered Species bars are excluded).
- Peanut Chews are probably my favorite popular vegan candy. Peanut butter & chocolate, what could be better? (ooh, sidenote: Hot Tamales, also made by JustBorn, are also vegan & not bad either)
- Sour Patch Kids are a close second, though. Sour = love.
- Skittles. Of course I love Skittles. Taste the rainbow! These have just recently become vegan, they used to have gelatin in them.
- Rainbow Twizzlers. Again, rainbow. Of course. I was never a fan of regular Twizzlers, but the rainbow ones are pretty good. And no, I’m not biased because they’re rainbow.
- Smarties. What can I say? A classic. Also a favorite at my hippie parties.
- Swedish Fish. While not as good as the Canadian Swedish Berries (even though they’re the same exact thing, just in a different shape), I’m putting them on my list anyway.
Stay tuned for a more exciting post tomorrow!